Scrabble word: RECAPITULATION
In which Scrabble dictionary does RECAPITULATION exist?
Definitions of RECAPITULATION in dictionaries:
- noun - emergence during embryonic development of various characters or structures that appeared during the evolutionary history of the strain or species
- noun - (music) the section of a composition or movement (especially in sonata form) in which musical themes that were introduced earlier are repeated
- noun - a summary at the end that repeats the substance of a longer discussion
- noun - (music) the repetition of themes introduced earlier (especially when one is composing the final part of a movement)
- The act or process of recapitulating.
- A summary or concise review.
- Restatement of the exposition that constitutes the third section of the typical sonata form.