Scrabble word: ORACLE
In which Scrabble dictionary does ORACLE exist?
Definitions of ORACLE in dictionaries:
- noun - an authoritative person who divines the future
- noun - a prophecy (usually obscure or allegorical) revealed by a priest or priestess
- noun - a shrine where an oracular god is consulted
- A shrine consecrated to the worship and consultation of a prophetic deity, as that of Apollo at Delphi.
- A person, such as a priestess, through whom a deity is held to respond when consulted.
- The response given through such a medium, often in the form of an enigmatic statement or allegory.
- A person considered to be a source of wise counsel or prophetic opinions.
- An authoritative or wise statement or prediction.
- A command or revelation from God.
- In the Old Testament, the sanctuary of the Temple.
- adj - a person through whom a deity is believed to speak [n -S] : ORACULAR