Scrabble word: CARE
In which Scrabble dictionary does CARE exist?
Definitions of CARE in dictionaries:
- noun - the work of providing treatment for or attending to someone or something
- noun - judiciousness in avoiding harm or danger
- noun - an anxious feeling
- noun - a cause for feeling concern
- noun - attention and management implying responsibility for safety
- noun - activity involved in maintaining something in good working order
- verb - feel concern or interest
- verb - provide care for
- verb - prefer or wish to do something
- verb - be in charge of, act on, or dispose of
- verb - be concerned with
- A burdened state of mind, as that arising from heavy responsibilities; worry.
- Mental suffering; grief.
- An object or source of worry, attention, or solicitude: the many cares of a working parent.
- Caution in avoiding harm or danger: handled the crystal bowl with care.
- Close attention; painstaking application: painting the window frames and sashes with care.
- Upkeep; maintenance: a product for the care of fine floors; hair care products.
- Watchful oversight; charge or supervision: left the child in the care of a neighbor.
- Attentive assistance or treatment to those in need: a hospital that provides emergency care.
- To be concerned or interested: Once inside, we didn’t care whether it rained or not.
- To provide needed assistance or watchful supervision: cared for the wounded; caring for an aged relative at home.
- To object or mind: If no one cares, I’ll smoke.
- To have a liking or attachment: didn’t care for the movie.
- To have a wish; be inclined: Would you care for another helping? — v.
- The central meaning shared by these nouns is “the function of watching, guarding, or overseeing”: left the house keys in my care; has charge of all rare books in the library; had custody of his friend’s car during her absence; left the canary in the neighbors’ keeping; assuming supervision of the first-grade pupils; documents that were committed to the bank’s trust.
- verb - to be concerned or interested