Scrabble word: RACE
In which Scrabble dictionary does RACE exist?
Definitions of RACE in dictionaries:
- noun - any competition
- noun - a contest of speed
- noun - people who are believed to belong to the same genetic stock
- noun - (biology) a taxonomic group that is a division of a species
- noun - the flow of air that is driven backwards by an aircraft propeller
- noun - a canal for a current of water
- verb - move fast
- verb - compete in a race
- verb - to work as fast as possible towards a goal, sometimes in competition with others
- verb - cause to move fast or to rush or race
- A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.
- A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the German race.
- A genealogical line; a lineage.
- Human beings considered as a group.
- A population of organisms differing from others of the same species in the frequency of hereditary traits; a subspecies.
- A breed or strain, as of domestic animals.
- A distinguishing or characteristic quality, such as the flavor of a wine.
- A competition of speed, as in running or riding.
- An extended competition in which participants struggle like runners to be the winner: the presidential race.
- Steady or rapid onward movement: the race of time.
- A strong or swift current of water.
- The channel of such a current.
- An artificial channel built to transport water and use its energy; a raceway.
- A groovelike part of a machine in which a moving part slides or rolls.
- To compete in a contest of speed.
- To move rapidly or at top speed: raced home in time.
- To run too rapidly because of decreased resistance or a lighter load: an engine that was racing.
- To compete against in a race.
- To cause to compete in a race; enter in a contest: The monarch raced her horses in the derby each year.
- To transport rapidly or at top speed; rush: raced the injured motorist to the hospital.
- To cause (an engine with the gears disengaged, for example) to run swiftly or too swiftly.
- verb - to compete in a contest of speed