Scrabble word: EAR
In which Scrabble dictionary does EAR exist?
Definitions of EAR in dictionaries:
- noun - the sense organ for hearing and equilibrium
- noun - good hearing
- noun - the externally visible cartilaginous structure of the external ear
- noun - attention to what is said
- noun - fruiting spike of a cereal plant especially corn
- The vertebrate organ of hearing, responsible for maintaining equilibrium as well as sensing sound and divided in mammals into the external ear, the middle ear, and the inner ear.
- The part of this organ that is externally visible.
- An invertebrate organ analogous to the mammalian ear.
- The sense of hearing: a sound that grates on the ear.
- Sharpness or refinement of hearing: a singer with a good ear for harmony.
- The ability to retain and reproduce a passage of music: plays the piano by ear.
- Responsiveness to the sounds or forms of spoken language: a writer with a good ear for dialogue; has an ear for foreign languages.
- Sympathetic or favorable attention: “[The President] wavers between the two positions, depending on who last had his ear” (Joseph C.
- A flexible tuft of feathers located above the eyes of certain birds, such as owls, that functions in visual communication but not in hearing.
- A projecting handle, as on a vase or pitcher.
- The seed-bearing spike of a cereal plant, such as corn.
- verb - to form the fruiting head of a cereal