Scrabble word: HEAR
In which Scrabble dictionary does HEAR exist?
Definitions of HEAR in dictionaries:
- verb - perceive (sound) via the auditory sense
- verb - get to know or become aware of, usually accidentally
- verb - examine or hear (evidence or a case) by judicial process
- verb - receive a communication from someone
- verb - listen and pay attention
- To learn by hearing; be told by others: I heard she got married.
- To listen to attentively: Hear what I have to tell you.
- To listen to in an official, professional, or formal capacity: heard the last witness in the afternoon.
- To attend or participate in: hear Mass.
- To be capable of perceiving sound.
- To receive news or information; learn: I heard about your accident.
- To consider, permit, or consent to something.
- To get a letter, telephone call, or transmitted communication from.
- To be reprimanded by: If you don’t do your homework, you’re going to hear from me.
- adj - to perceive by the ear [v HEARD, HEARING, HEARS] : HEARABLE