Scrabble word: SHEAR
In which Scrabble dictionary does SHEAR exist?
Definitions of SHEAR in dictionaries:
- noun - (physics) a deformation of an object in which parallel planes remain parallel but are shifted in a direction parallel to themselves
- noun - a large edge tool that cuts sheet metal by passing a blade through it
- verb - cut with shears
- verb - shear the wool from
- verb - cut or cut through with shears
- verb - become deformed by forces tending to produce a shearing strain
- To remove (fleece or hair) by cutting or clipping.
- To remove the hair or fleece from.
- To cut with or as if with shears: shearing a hedge.
- To divest or deprive as if by cutting: The prisoners were shorn of their dignity.
- To use a cutting tool such as shears.
- To move or proceed by or as if by cutting: shear through the wheat.
- To become deformed by forces tending to produce a shearing strain.
- A pair of scissors.
- Any of various implements or machines that cut with a scissorlike action.
- The act, process, or result of shearing.
- Something cut off by shearing.
- The act, process, or fact of shearing.
- An apparatus used to lift heavy weights, consisting of two or more spars joined at the top and spread at the base, the tackle being suspended from the top.
- An applied force or system of forces that tends to produce a shearing strain.
- A shearing strain.
- verb - to cut the hair or wool from
There are 5 letters in SHEAR: A E H R S
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SHEAR
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word SHEAR plus a wildcard: SHEAR?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SHEAR
Images for SHEAR
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.