Scrabble word: SHEAR
In which Scrabble dictionary does SHEAR exist?
Definitions of SHEAR in dictionaries:
- noun - (physics) a deformation of an object in which parallel planes remain parallel but are shifted in a direction parallel to themselves
- noun - a large edge tool that cuts sheet metal by passing a blade through it
- verb - cut with shears
- verb - shear the wool from
- verb - cut or cut through with shears
- verb - become deformed by forces tending to produce a shearing strain
- To remove (fleece or hair) by cutting or clipping.
- To remove the hair or fleece from.
- To cut with or as if with shears: shearing a hedge.
- To divest or deprive as if by cutting: The prisoners were shorn of their dignity.
- To use a cutting tool such as shears.
- To move or proceed by or as if by cutting: shear through the wheat.
- To become deformed by forces tending to produce a shearing strain.
- A pair of scissors.
- Any of various implements or machines that cut with a scissorlike action.
- The act, process, or result of shearing.
- Something cut off by shearing.
- The act, process, or fact of shearing.
- An apparatus used to lift heavy weights, consisting of two or more spars joined at the top and spread at the base, the tackle being suspended from the top.
- An applied force or system of forces that tends to produce a shearing strain.
- A shearing strain.
- verb - to cut the hair or wool from