Scrabble word: PHRASE
In which Scrabble dictionary does PHRASE exist?
Definitions of PHRASE in dictionaries:
- noun - an expression consisting of one or more words forming a grammatical constituent of a sentence
- noun - a short musical passage
- noun - an expression whose meanings cannot be inferred from the meanings of the words that make it up
- noun - dance movements that are linked in a single choreographic sequence
- verb - put into words or an expression
- verb - divide, combine, or mark into phrases
- A sequence of words intended to have meaning.
- A characteristic way or mode of expression.
- A brief, apt, and cogent expression.
- A word or group of words read or spoken as a unit and separated by pauses or other junctures.
- Two or more words in sequence that form a syntactic unit that is less than a complete sentence.
- A segment of a composition, usually consisting of four or eight measures.
- A series of dance movements forming a unit in a choreographic pattern.
- To express orally or in writing: The speaker phrased several opinions.
- To pace or mark off (something read aloud or spoken) by pauses.
- To divide (a passage) into phrases.
- To combine (notes) in a phrase.
- To make or render phrases, as in reading aloud.
- To perform a passage with the correct phrasing.
- verb - to express in words