Scrabble word: HEAP
In which Scrabble dictionary does HEAP exist?
Definitions of HEAP in dictionaries:
- noun - a collection of objects laid on top of each other
- noun - (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent
- noun - a car that is old and unreliable
- verb - bestow in large quantities
- verb - arrange in stacks
- verb - fill to overflow
- A group of things placed or thrown, one on top of the other: a heap of dirty rags lying in the corner.
- A great deal; a lot: We have heaps of homework tonight.
- An old or run-down car.
- To put or throw in a pile.
- To fill completely or to overflowing: heap a plate with vegetables.
- The central meaning shared by these nouns is “a group or collection of things lying one on top of the other”: a heap of old newspapers; a bank of thunderclouds; a mound of boulders; a pile of boxes; a stack of firewood.
- verb - to pile up