Scrabble word: SHAPE
In which Scrabble dictionary does SHAPE exist?
Definitions of SHAPE in dictionaries:
- noun - any spatial attributes (especially as defined by outline)
- noun - the spatial arrangement of something as distinct from its substance
- noun - alternative names for the body of a human being
- noun - a concrete representation of an otherwise nebulous concept
- noun - the visual appearance of something or someone
- noun - the state of (good) health (especially in the phrases `in condition' or `in shape' or `out of condition' or `out of shape')
- noun - the supreme headquarters that advises NATO on military matters and oversees all aspects of the Allied Command Europe
- noun - a perceptual structure
- verb - shape or influence
- verb - make something, usually for a specific function
- verb - give shape or form to
- The characteristic surface configuration of a thing; an outline or a contour.
- Something distinguished from its surroundings by its outline.
- The contour of a person’s body; the figure.
- A definite, distinctive form: “The bomb gave the shape of life, outer and inner, an irreversible charge; a sense of fatefulness would now lie on all things” (Alfred Kazin).
- A desirable form: a fabric that holds its shape.
- A form or condition in which something may exist or appear; embodiment: a god in the shape of a swan.
- Assumed or false appearance; guise.
- A ghostly form; a phantom.
- Something, such as a mold or pattern, used to give or determine form.
- The proper condition of something necessary for action, effectiveness, or use: an athlete in excellent shape.
- To give a particular form to; create.
- To cause to conform to a particular form or pattern; adapt to fit.
- To plan to bring about the realization or accomplishment of; devise.
- To embody in a definite form: shaped a folk legend into a full-scale opera.
- To adapt to a particular use or purpose; adjust.
- To direct the course of: “He shaped history as well as being shaped by it” (Robert J.
- To come to pass; happen.
- To take on a definite shape or form.
- To turn out; develop.
- To improve so as to meet a standard: Either shape up or ship out.
- adj - to give shape (outward form) to [v SHAPED, SHAPEN, SHAPING, SHAPES] : SHAPABLE