Scrabble word: PHASE
In which Scrabble dictionary does PHASE exist?
Definitions of PHASE in dictionaries:
- noun - any distinct time period in a sequence of events
- noun - (physical chemistry) a distinct state of matter in a system
- noun - a particular point in the time of a cycle
- noun - (astronomy) the particular appearance of a body's state of illumination (especially one of the recurring shapes of the part of Earth's moon that is illuminated by the sun)
- verb - arrange in phases or stages
- verb - adjust so as to be in a synchronized condition
- A distinct stage of development: “The American occupation of Japan fell into three successive phases” (Edwin O.
- A temporary manner, attitude, or pattern of behavior: just a passing phase.
- An aspect; a part: every phase of the operation.
- One of the cyclically recurring apparent forms of the moon or a planet.
- A particular stage in a periodic process or phenomenon.
- The fraction of a complete cycle elapsed as measured from a specified reference point and often expressed as an angle.
- Any of the forms or states, solid, liquid, gas, or plasma, in which matter can exist, depending on temperature and pressure.
- A discrete homogeneous part of a material system that is mechanically separable from the rest, as is ice from water.
- A characteristic form, appearance, or stage of development that occurs in a cycle or that distinguishes some individuals of a group: the white color phase of a weasel; the swarming phase of locusts.
- To plan or carry out systematically by phases.
- These nouns refer to a particular or possible way of viewing something, such as an object, a situation, or a process.
- adj - to plan or carry out by phases (distinct stages of development) [v PHASED, PHASING, PHASES] : PHASEAL, PHASIC