Scrabble word: SEARCH
In which Scrabble dictionary does SEARCH exist?
Definitions of SEARCH in dictionaries:
- noun - the activity of looking thoroughly in order to find something or someone
- noun - an investigation seeking answers
- noun - an operation that determines whether one or more of a set of items has a specified property
- noun - the examination of alternative hypotheses
- noun - boarding and inspecting a ship on the high seas
- verb - try to locate or discover, or try to establish the existence of
- verb - search or seek
- verb - inquire into
- verb - subject to a search
- To make a thorough examination of; look over carefully in order to find something; explore.
- To make a careful examination or investigation of; probe: search one’s conscience for the right solution to the problem.
- To make a thorough check of (a legal document); scrutinize: search a title.
- To examine in order to find something lost or concealed.
- To examine the person or personal effects of in order to find something lost or concealed.
- To conduct a thorough investigation; seek: were searching for clues.
- An act of searching.
- The exercise of right of search.
- verb - to look through or over carefully in order to find something