Scrabble word: CHASE
In which Scrabble dictionary does CHASE exist?
Definitions of CHASE in dictionaries:
- noun - the act of pursuing in an effort to overtake or capture
- noun - United States politician and jurist who served as chief justice of the United States Supreme Court (1808-1873)
- noun - a rectangular metal frame used in letterpress printing to hold together the pages or columns of composed type that are printed at one time
- verb - go after with the intent to catch
- verb - pursue someone sexually or romantically
- verb - cut a groove into
- verb - cut a furrow into a columns
- To follow rapidly in order to catch or overtake; pursue: chased the thief.
- To follow (game) in order to capture or kill; hunt: chase foxes.
- To seek the favor or company of persistently: still chasing members of the opposite sex.
- To put to flight; drive: chased the dog away.
- To go or follow in pursuit.
- To go hurriedly; rush: chased all over looking for us.
- The act of chasing; pursuit.
- The hunting of game: the thrill of the chase.
- Something that is hunted or pursued; quarry.
- Chiefly British.
- A privately owned, unenclosed game preserve.
- The right to hunt or keep game on the land of others.
- A rectangular steel or iron frame into which pages or columns of type are locked for printing or plate making.
- A groove cut in an object; a slot: the chase for the quarrel on a crossbow.
- A trench or channel for drainpipes or wiring.
- The part of a gun in front of the trunnions.
- The cavity of a mold.
- To groove; indent.
- To cut (the thread of a screw).
- To decorate (metal) by engraving or embossing.
- verb - to follow in order to overtake or capture