Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: CASE
In which Scrabble dictionary does CASE exist?
Definitions of CASE in dictionaries:
- noun - an occurrence of something
- noun - a special set of circumstances
- noun - a comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy
- noun - the actual state of things
- noun - a portable container for carrying several objects
- noun - a person requiring professional services
- noun - a person who is subjected to experimental or other observational procedures
- noun - a problem requiring investigation
- noun - a statement of facts and reasons used to support an argument
- noun - the quantity contained in a case
- noun - nouns or pronouns or adjectives (often marked by inflection) related in some way to other words in a sentence
- noun - a specific state of mind that is temporary
- noun - a person of a specified kind (usually with many eccentricities)
- noun - a specific size and style of type within a type family
- noun - an enveloping structure or covering enclosing an animal or plant organ or part
- noun - the housing or outer covering of something
- noun - the enclosing frame around a door or window opening
- noun - (printing) the receptacle in which a compositor has his type, which is divided into compartments for the different letters, spaces, or numbers
- noun - bed linen consisting of a cover for a pillow
- noun - a glass container used to store and display items in a shop or museum or home
- verb - look over, usually with the intention to rob
- verb - enclose in, or as if in, a case
- An occurrence of a disease or disorder: a mild case of flu.
- A set of circumstances or a state of affairs; a situation: It may rain, in which case the hike will be canceled.
- Actual fact; reality: We suspected the walls were hollow, and this proved to be the case.
- A question or problem; a matter: It is simply a case of honor.
- A situation that requires investigation, especially by a formal or official body.
- An action or a suit or just grounds for an action.
- The facts or evidence offered in support of a claim.
- A set of reasons or supporting facts; an argument: presented a good case for changing the law.
- A person or group of persons being assisted, treated, or studied, as by a physician, lawyer, or social worker.
- A peculiar or eccentric person; a character.
- The syntactic relationship of a noun, a pronoun or a determiner to the other words of a sentence, indicated by declensional endings, by the position of the words within the sentence, by prepositions, or by postpositions.
- The form or position of a word that indicates this relationship.
- Such forms, positions, and relationships considered as a group.
- A pattern of inflection of nouns, pronouns, and adjectives to express different syntactic functions in a sentence.
- To examine carefully, as in planning a crime: cased the bank before robbing it.
- If it happens that; if.
- As a precaution: took along an umbrella, just in case.
- A container; a receptacle: a jewelry case; meat-filled cases of dough.
- A decorative or protective covering or cover.
- A set or pair: a case of pistols.
- The frame or framework of a window, door, or stairway.
- The surface or outer layer of a metal alloy.
- verb - to put in a case (a container or receptacle)
There are 4 letters in CASE: A C E S
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to CASE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word CASE plus a wildcard: CASE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word CASE
Images for CASE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.