Scrabble word: CASTE
In which Scrabble dictionary does CASTE exist?
Definitions of CASTE in dictionaries:
- noun - social status or position conferred by a system based on class
- noun - (Hinduism) a hereditary social class among Hindus
- noun - a social class separated from others by distinctions of hereditary rank or profession or wealth
- noun - in some social insects (such as ants) a physically distinct individual or group of individuals specialized to perform certain functions in the colony
- Any of four classes, comprising numerous subclasses, constituting Hindu society.
- Any of numerous hereditary, endogamous social subclasses stratified according to Hindu ritual purity.
- A social class separated from others by distinctions of hereditary rank, profession, or wealth.
- A social system or the principle of grading society based on castes.
- The social position or status conferred by a system based on castes: lose caste by doing work beneath one’s station.
- A specialized level in a colony of social insects, such as ants, in which the members, such as workers or soldiers, carry out a specific function.
- noun - a system of distinct social classes