Scrabble word: CAST
In which Scrabble dictionary does CAST exist?
Definitions of CAST in dictionaries:
- noun - the actors in a play
- noun - container into which liquid is poured to create a given shape when it hardens
- noun - the distinctive form in which a thing is made
- noun - the visual appearance of something or someone
- noun - bandage consisting of a firm covering (often made of plaster of Paris) that immobilizes broken bones while they heal
- noun - object formed by a mold
- noun - the act of throwing dice
- noun - the act of throwing a fishing line out over the water by means of a rod and reel
- noun - a violent throw
- verb - put or send forth
- verb - deposit
- verb - select to play,sing, or dance a part in a play, movie, musical, opera, or ballet
- verb - throw forcefully
- verb - assign the roles of (a movie or a play) to actors
- verb - move about aimlessly or without any destination, often in search of food or employment
- verb - form by pouring (e.g., wax or hot metal) into a cast or mold
- verb - get rid of
- verb - choose at random
- verb - formulate in a particular style or language
- verb - eject the contents of the stomach through the mouth
- To throw (something, especially something light): The angler cast the line.
- To shed; molt.
- To throw forth; drop: cast anchor.
- To throw on the ground, as in wrestling.
- To deposit or indicate (a ballot or vote).
- To turn or direct: All eyes were cast upon the speaker.
- To cause to fall onto or over something or in a certain direction, as if by throwing: candles casting light; cast aspersions on my character; findings that cast doubt on our hypothesis.
- To bestow; confer: “The government I cast upon my brother” (Shakespeare).
- To roll or throw (dice, for example).
- To draw (lots).
- To give birth to prematurely: The cow cast a calf.
- To cause (hunting hounds) to scatter and circle in search of a lost scent.
- To choose actors for (a play, for example).
- To assign a certain role to (an actor): cast her as the lead.
- To assign an actor to (a part): cast each role carefully.
- To form (liquid metal, for example) into a particular shape by pouring into a mold.
- To give a form to; arrange: decided to cast the book in three parts.
- To contrive; devise: cast a plan.
- To calculate or compute; add up (a column of figures).
- To calculate astrologically: cast my horoscope.
- To warp; twist: floorboards cast by age.
- To turn (a ship); change to the opposite tack.
- To throw something, especially to throw out a lure or bait at the end of a fishing line.
- To add a column of figures; make calculations.
- To make a conjecture or a forecast.
- To receive form or shape in a mold.
- To search for a lost scent in hunting with hounds.
- To veer to leeward from a former course; fall off.
- To put about; tack.
- To choose actors for the parts in a play, movie, or other theatrical presentation.
- To estimate; conjecture.
- The act or an instance of casting or throwing.
- The distance thrown.
- A throwing of a fishing line or net into the water.
- The line or net thrown.
- A throw of dice.
- The number thrown.
- A stroke of fortune or fate; lot.
- A direction or expression of the eyes.
- A slight squint.
- Something, such as molted skin, that is thrown off, out, or away.
- The addition of a column of figures; calculation.
- A conjecture; a forecast.
- The act of pouring molten material into a mold.
- The amount of molten material poured into a mold at a single operation.
- Something formed by this means: The sculpture was a bronze cast.
- An impression formed in a mold or matrix; a mold: a cast of her face made in plaster.
- A rigid dressing, usually made of gauze and plaster of Paris, used to immobilize an injured body part, as in a fracture or dislocation.
- The form in which something is made or constructed; arrangement: the close-set cast of her features.
- Outward form or look; appearance: a suit of stylish cast.
- Sort; type: fancied himself to be of a macho cast.
- An inclination; tendency: her thoughtful cast of mind.
- The actors in a theatrical presentation.
- A slight trace of color; a tinge.
- A distortion of shape.
- The circling of hounds to pick up a scent in hunting.
- A pair of hawks released by a falconer at one time.
- To make a search; look: had to cast about for an hour, looking for a good campsite.
- To devise means; contrive: cast about for new ways to proceed.
- To discard; reject: cast off old clothing.
- To let go; set loose: cast off a boat; cast off a line.
- To make the last row of stitches in knitting.
- To estimate the space a mansucript will occupy when set into type.
- adj - to throw with force [v CAST, CASTING, CASTS] : CASTABLE
There are 4 letters in CAST: A C S T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to CAST
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word CAST plus a wildcard: CAST?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word CAST
Images for CAST
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.