Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: ACT
In which Scrabble dictionary does ACT exist?
Definitions of ACT in dictionaries:
- noun - a legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body
- noun - something that people do or cause to happen
- noun - a subdivision of a play or opera or ballet
- noun - a short theatrical performance that is part of a longer program
- noun - a manifestation of insincerity
- verb - perform an action, or work out or perform (an action)
- verb - behave in a certain manner
- verb - play a role or part
- verb - discharge one's duties
- verb - pretend to have certain qualities or state of mind
- verb - be suitable for theatrical performance
- verb - have an effect or outcome
- verb - be engaged in an activity, often for no particular purpose other than pleasure
- verb - behave unnaturally or affectedly
- verb - perform on a stage or theater
- The process of doing or performing something: the act of thinking.
- Something done or performed; a deed: a charitable act.
- A decisional product, such as a statute, decree, or enactment, delivered by a legislative or a judicial body.
- A formal written record of proceedings or transactions.
- One of the major divisions of a play or an opera.
- A theatrical performance that forms part of a longer presentation: a juggling act.
- A manifestation of intentional or unintentional insincerity; a pose: put on an act.
- To play the part of; assume the dramatic role of: She plans to act Lady Macbeth in summer stock.
- To perform (a role) on the stage: act the part of the villain.
- To behave like or pose as; impersonate: Don’t act the fool.
- To behave in a manner suitable for: Act your age.
- To behave or comport oneself: She acts like a born leader.
- To perform in a dramatic role or roles.
- To be suitable for theatrical performance: This scene acts well.
- To behave affectedly or unnaturally; pretend.
- To appear or seem to be: The dog acted ferocious.
- To carry out an action: We acted immediately.
- To operate or function in a specific way: His mind acts quickly.
- To serve or function as a substitute for another: A coin can act as a screwdriver.
- To produce an effect: waited five minutes for the anesthetic to act.
- To perform in or as if in a play; dramatize: act out a story.
- To realize in action: wanted to act out his theory.
- To express (unconscious impulses, for example) in an overt manner without awareness or understanding.
- To misbehave.
- To malfunction.
- To become active or troublesome after a period of quiescence: My left knee acts up in damp weather.
- verb - to do something
There are 3 letters in ACT: A C T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to ACT
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word ACT plus a wildcard: ACT?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word ACT
Images for ACT
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.