Scrabble word: TACK
In which Scrabble dictionary does TACK exist?
Definitions of TACK in dictionaries:
- noun - the heading or position of a vessel relative to the trim of its sails
- noun - a short nail with a sharp point and a large head
- noun - gear for a horse
- noun - (nautical) a line (rope or chain) that regulates the angle at which a sail is set in relation to the wind
- noun - (nautical) the act of changing tack
- noun - sailing a zigzag course
- verb - fasten with tacks
- verb - turn into the wind
- verb - create by putting components or members together
- verb - sew together loosely, with large stitches
- verb - fix to
- verb - reverse (a direction, attitude, or course of action)
- A short, light nail with a sharp point and a flat head.
- A rope for holding down the weather clew of a course.
- A rope for hauling the outer lower corner of a studdingsail to the boom.
- The part of a sail, such as the weather clew of a course, to which this rope is fastened.
- The lower forward corner of a fore-and-aft sail.
- The position of a vessel relative to the trim of its sails.
- The act of changing from one position or direction to another.
- The distance or leg sailed between changes of position or direction.
- A course of action meant to minimize opposition to the attainment of a goal.
- An approach, especially one of a series of changing approaches.
- A large, loose stitch made as a temporary binding or as a marker.
- Stickiness, as that of a newly painted surface.
- To fasten or attach with or as if with a tack: tacked the carpet down.
- To fasten or mark (cloth or a seam, for example) with a loose basting stitch.
- To put together loosely and arbitrarily: tacked some stories together in an attempt to write a novel.
- To add as an extra item; append: tacked two dollars onto the bill.
- To bring (a vessel) into the wind in order to change course or direction.
- To change the direction or course of a vessel: ready to tack on the captain’s signal.
- To change tack: The ship tacked to starboard.
- To change one’s course of action.
- Food, especially coarse or inferior foodstuffs.
- Often used to modify another noun: a tack room; tack accessories.
- verb - to fasten with tacks (short, sharp-pointed nails)
There are 4 letters in TACK: A C K T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to TACK
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word TACK plus a wildcard: TACK?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word TACK
Images for TACK
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.