Scrabble word: CANT
In which Scrabble dictionary does CANT exist?
Definitions of CANT in dictionaries:
- noun - stock phrases that have become nonsense through endless repetition
- noun - a slope in the turn of a road or track
- noun - a characteristic language of a particular group (as among thieves)
- noun - insincere talk about religion or morals
- noun - two surfaces meeting at an angle different from 90 degrees
- verb - heel over
- Angular deviation from a vertical or horizontal plane or surface; an inclination or a slope.
- A slanted or oblique surface.
- A thrust or motion that tilts something.
- The tilt caused by such a thrust or motion.
- An outer corner, as of a building.
- To set at an oblique angle; tilt.
- To give a slanting edge to; bevel.
- To change the direction of suddenly.
- To lean to one side; slant.
- To take an oblique direction or course; swing around, as a ship.
- Monotonous talk filled with platitudes.
- Hypocritically pious language.
- The special vocabulary peculiar to the members of an underworld group; argot.
- Whining speech, such as that used by beggars.
- The special terminology understood among the members of a profession, discipline, or class but obscure to the general population; jargon.
- To speak tediously or sententiously; moralize.
- To speak in argot or jargon.
- To speak in a whining, pleading tone.
- verb - to tilt or slant