Scrabble word: CAN
In which Scrabble dictionary does CAN exist?
Definitions of CAN in dictionaries:
- noun - airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc.
- noun - the quantity contained in a can
- noun - a buoy with a round bottom and conical top
- noun - the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on
- noun - a plumbing fixture for defecation and urination
- noun - a room or building equipped with one or more toilets
- verb - preserve in a can or tin
- verb - terminate the employment of
- Used to indicate physical or mental ability: I can carry both suitcases.
- Used to indicate possession of a specified power, right, or privilege: The President can veto congressional bills.
- Used to indicate possession of a specified capability or skill: I can tune the harpsichord as well as play it.
- Used to indicate possibility or probability: I wonder if my long lost neighbor can still be alive.
- Used to indicate that which is permitted, as by conscience or feelings: One can hardly blame you for being upset.
- Used to indicate probability or possibility under the specified circumstances: They can hardly have intended to do that.
- Used to request or grant permission: Can I be excused? [Middle English, first and third person singular present tense of connen, to know how, from Old English cunnan.
- A usually cylindrical metal container.
- An airtight container, usually made of tin-coated iron, in which foods or beverages are preserved.
- The contents of such a container.
- A jail or prison.
- A toilet or restroom.
- The buttocks.
- To seal in an airtight container for future use; preserve: canning peaches.
- To dismiss from employment or school.
- To put a stop to; quit: Let’s can the chatter.
- verb - to put in a can (a cylindrical container)
- verb - used as an auxiliary to express ability