Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: SCALE
In which Scrabble dictionary does SCALE exist?
Definitions of SCALE in dictionaries:
- noun - an ordered reference standard
- noun - relative magnitude
- noun - the ratio between the size of something and a representation of it
- noun - a specialized leaf or bract that protects a bud or catkin
- noun - a thin flake of dead epidermis shed from the surface of the skin
- noun - (music) a series of notes differing in pitch according to a specific scheme (usually within an octave)
- noun - a measuring instrument for weighing
- noun - an indicator having a graduated sequence of marks
- noun - a metal sheathing of uniform thickness (such as the shield attached to an artillery piece to protect the gunners)
- noun - a flattened rigid plate forming part of the body covering of many animals
- verb - measure by or as if by a scale
- verb - pattern, make, regulate, set, measure, or estimate according to some rate or standard
- verb - take by attacking with scaling ladders
- verb - reach the highest point of
- verb - climb up by means of a ladder
- verb - remove the scales from
- verb - measure with or as if with scales
- verb - size or measure according to a scale
- One of the many small, platelike dermal or epidermal structures that characteristically form the external covering of fishes, reptiles, and certain mammals.
- A similar part, such as one of the minute structures overlapping to form the covering on the wings of butterflies and moths.
- A small, thin piece.
- A small, thin, usually dry, often appressed plant structure, such as any of the protective leaves that cover a tree bud or the bract that subtends a flower in a sedge spikelet.
- A scale insect.
- A plant disease or infestation caused by scale insects.
- A flaky oxide film formed on a metal, as on iron, that has been heated to high temperatures.
- A flake of rust.
- A hard mineral coating that forms on the inside surface of boilers, kettles, and other containers in which water is repeatedly heated.
- To clear or strip of scale or scales: Scale and clean the fish.
- To remove in layers or scales: scaled off the old paint.
- To cover with scales; encrust.
- To throw (a thin, flat object) so that it soars through the air or skips along the surface of water.
- To remove (tartar) from tooth surfaces with a pointed instrument.
- To cheat; swindle.
- To ride on (a tram or train, for example) without paying the fare.
- To come off in scales or layers; flake.
- To become encrusted.
- A system of ordered marks at fixed intervals used as a reference standard in measurement: a ruler with scales in inches and centimeters.
- An instrument or device bearing such marks.
- A standard of measurement or judgment; a criterion.
- A proportion used in determining the dimensional relationship of a representation to that which it represents: a world map with a scale of 1:4,560,000.
- A calibrated line, as on a map or an architectural plan, indicating such a proportion.
- Proper proportion: a house that seemed out of scale with its surroundings.
- A progressive classification, as of size, amount, importance, or rank: judging divers’ performances on a scale of 1 to 10; a family that ranks high on the social scale.
- A relative level or degree: entertained on a lavish scale.
- A minimum wage fixed by contract: musicians playing a benefit concert for scale.
- A system of notation in which the values of numerical expressions are determined by their places relative to the chosen base of the system: the decimal scale.
- An ascending or descending series of tones proceeding by a specified scheme of intervals and varying in pitch arrangement and interval size.
- To climb up or over; ascend: scaled the peak.
- To make in accord with a particular proportion or scale: Scale the model to be one tenth of actual size.
- To alter according to a standard or by degrees; adjust in calculated amounts: scaled down their demands to fit reality; scaled back the scheduled pay increase.
- To estimate or measure the quantity of lumber in (logs or uncut trees).
- To climb; ascend.
- To rise in steps or stages.
- An instrument or a machine for weighing.
- To weigh with scales.
- v - to climb up or over
There are 5 letters in SCALE: A C E L S
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SCALE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word SCALE plus a wildcard: SCALE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SCALE
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for SCALE
- How to Use a Visual Analog Pain scale
- Dyme in the Ruff THE OFFICIAL DYME scale REVISITED
- Payments on a Sliding scale Shifting States
- scales of Justice Law Office of Sharon Bittner Kean
- www.biomedcentral.com - Figure
- Getting There Practicing Your scales Effectively
- Behaviorally Anchored Rating scale (BARS)
- Use the Beaufort Wind scale to Determine Wind Speed by Observation
- chart of the Modified Mercalli scale compared with the Richter scale ...
- Beaufort scale Howtoons
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.