Scrabble word: WEAR
In which Scrabble dictionary does WEAR exist?
Definitions of WEAR in dictionaries:
- noun - impairment resulting from long use
- noun - a covering designed to be worn on a person's body
- noun - the act of having on your person as a covering or adornment
- verb - be dressed in
- verb - have on one's person
- verb - have in one's aspect
- verb - deteriorate through use or stress
- verb - have or show an appearance of
- verb - last and be usable
- verb - go to pieces
- verb - exhaust or get tired through overuse or great strain or stress
- verb - put clothing on one's body
- To carry or have on the person as covering, adornment, or protection: wearing a jacket; must wear a seat belt.
- To carry or have habitually on the person, especially as an aid: wears glasses.
- To display in one’s appearance: always wears a smile.
- To bear, carry, or maintain in a particular manner: wears her hair long.
- To fly or display (colors).
- To damage, diminish, erode, or consume by long or hard use, attrition, or exposure.
- To produce by constant use, attrition, or exposure: eventually wore hollows in the stone steps.
- To bring to a specified condition by long use or attrition: wore the clothes to rags; pebbles worn smooth.
- To fatigue, weary, or exhaust: Your incessant criticism has worn my patience.
- To make (a sailing ship) come about with the wind aft.
- To last under continual or hard use: a fabric that will wear.
- To last through the passage of time: a friendship that wears well.
- To break down or diminish through use or attrition: The rear tires began to wear.
- To pass gradually or tediously: The hours wore on.
- To come about with stern to windward.
- The act of wearing or the state of being worn; use: The coat has had heavy wear.
- Clothing, especially of a particular kind or for a particular use.
- Gradual impairment or diminution resulting from use or attrition.
- The ability to withstand impairment from use or attrition: The engine has plenty of wear left.
- To make or become unusable through long or heavy use.
- To use up or consume gradually.
- To exhaust; tire.
- To punish by spanking: I’m going to wear you out! —idioms.
- To be weakened or eroded gradually: Her patience is wearing thin.
- To become less convincing, acceptable, or popular, as through repeated use: excuses that are wearing thin.
- verb - to have on one's person
There are 4 letters in WEAR: A E R W
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to WEAR
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word WEAR plus a wildcard: WEAR?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word WEAR
Images for WEAR
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.