Scrabble word: SWEAR
In which Scrabble dictionary does SWEAR exist?
Definitions of SWEAR in dictionaries:
- verb - utter obscenities or profanities
- verb - to declare or affirm solemnly and formally as true
- verb - promise solemnly
- verb - make a deposition
- verb - have confidence or faith in
- To make a solemn declaration, invoking a deity or a sacred person or thing, in confirmation of and witness to the honesty or truth of such a declaration.
- To make a solemn promise; vow.
- To use profane oaths; curse.
- To give evidence or testimony under oath.
- To declare or affirm solemnly by invoking a deity or a sacred person or thing.
- To promise or pledge with a solemn oath; vow: He swore his oath of allegiance to the queen.
- To utter or bind oneself to (an oath).
- To administer a legal oath to: All the witnesses have been sworn.
- To say or affirm earnestly and with great conviction.
- To have great reliance on or confidence in: He swears by his personal physician.
- To have reliable knowledge of; be sure of: I think she said she was going to the library, but I couldn’t swear by it.
- To pledge to renounce or give up: She has sworn off cigarettes.
- verb - to utter a solemn oath