Scrabble word: ANSWER
In which Scrabble dictionary does ANSWER exist?
Definitions of ANSWER in dictionaries:
- noun - a statement (either spoken or written) that is made to reply to a question or request or criticism or accusation
- noun - a statement that solves a problem or explains how to solve the problem
- noun - the speech act of replying to a question
- noun - the principal pleading by the defendant in response to plaintiff's complaint
- noun - a nonverbal reaction
- verb - react verbally
- verb - respond to a signal
- verb - give the correct answer or solution to
- verb - understand the meaning of
- verb - give a defence or refutation of (a charge) or in (an argument)
- verb - be liable or accountable
- verb - be sufficient
- verb - match or correspond
- verb - be satisfactory for
- verb - react to a stimulus or command
- A spoken or written reply, as to a question.
- A correct reply.
- A solution, as to a problem.
- A correct solution.
- An act in retaliation or response: Our only possible answer was to sue.
- Something markedly similar to another of the same class: cable TV’s answer to the commercial networks’ sportscasts.
- A defendant’s defense against charges.
- To speak, write, or act as a return, as to a question.
- To be liable or accountable: You must answer for your actions.
- To serve the purpose; suffice: “Often I do use three words where one would answer” (Mark Twain).
- To correspond; match: I found a dog answering to that description.
- To speak, write, or act as a return to; respond to.
- To respond correctly to.
- To fulfill the demands or needs of; serve: “My fortune has answered my desires” (Isaak Walton).
- These verbs relate to action taken in return to a stimulus.
- verb - to say, write, or act in return