Scrabble word: WE
In which Scrabble dictionary does WE exist?
Definitions of WE in dictionaries:
- Used by the speaker or writer to indicate the speaker or writer along with another or others as the subject: We made it to the lecture hall on time.
- Used instead of I, especially by a sovereign or by a writer wishing to maintain an impersonal tone.
- Used to refer to people in general, including the speaker or writer: “How can we enter the professions and yet remain civilized human beings?” (Virginia Woolf).
- When the pronoun is followed by an appositive noun phrase, the form us is frequently encountered where grammatical correctness would require we, as in Us owners (properly We owners) will have something to say about the contract.
- pron - 1st person pl. pronoun in the nominative case