Scrabble word: NEWS
In which Scrabble dictionary does NEWS exist?
Definitions of NEWS in dictionaries:
- noun - information about recent and important events
- noun - information reported in a newspaper or news magazine
- noun - a program devoted to current events, often using interviews and commentary
- noun - informal information of any kind that is not previously known to someone
- noun - the quality of being sufficiently interesting to be reported in news bulletins
- Information about recent events or happenings, especially as reported by newspapers, periodicals, radio, or television.
- A presentation of such information, as in a newspaper or on a newscast.
- New information of any kind: The requirement was news to him.
- The central meaning shared by these nouns is “information about hitherto unknown events and happenings”: just heard the good news; sent advice that the mortgage would be foreclosed; a source of intelligence about the negotiations; tidings of victory; received word of the senator’s death.
- noun - a report of recent events