Scrabble word: NEAR
In which Scrabble dictionary does NEAR exist?
Definitions of NEAR in dictionaries:
- verb - move towards
- adj - not far distant in time or space or degree or circumstances
- adj - being on the left side
- adj - closely resembling the genuine article
- adj - giving or spending with reluctance
- adj - with or in a close or intimate relationship
- adj - very close in resemblance
- adv - near in time or place or relationship
- adv - (of actions or states) slightly short of or not quite accomplished
- To, at, or within a short distance or interval in space or time.
- Just about; almost; nearly: was near exhausted from the labor; near dead after the assault.
- With or in a close relationship.
- Close in time, space, position, or degree: near equals.
- Nearly occurring but not actually happening: a near victory; a near disaster.
- Just barely avoided: a near hit by the incendiary bomb.
- Closely corresponding to or resembling an original: a near likeness.
- Closely resembling the genuine article: a dress of near satin; near silver beads.
- Closer of two or more: Take the near street and then turn right.
- Being on the left side of an animal or a vehicle.
- Being the animal or vehicle on the left.
- Short and direct: the nearest route to town.
- Close to: an inn near London.
- adj - situated within a short distance
- verb - to come near or nearer to