Scrabble word: RANGE
In which Scrabble dictionary does RANGE exist?
Definitions of RANGE in dictionaries:
- noun - an area in which something acts or operates or has power or control: "the range of a supersonic jet"
- noun - the limits within which something can be effective
- noun - a large tract of grassy open land on which livestock can graze
- noun - a series of hills or mountains
- noun - a place for shooting (firing or driving) projectiles of various kinds
- noun - a variety of different things or activities
- noun - (mathematics) the set of values of the dependent variable for which a function is defined
- noun - the limit of capability
- noun - a kitchen appliance used for cooking food
- verb - change or be different within limits
- verb - move about aimlessly or without any destination, often in search of food or employment
- verb - have a range
- verb - range or extend over
- verb - lay out orderly or logically in a line or as if in a line
- verb - feed as in a meadow or pasture
- verb - let eat
- verb - assign a rank or rating to
- Extent of perception, knowledge, experience, or ability.
- The area or sphere in which an activity takes place.
- The full extent covered: within the range of possibilities.
- An amount or extent of variation: a wide price range.
- The gamut of tones that a voice or an instrument is capable of producing.
- The maximum extent or distance limiting operation, action, or effectiveness, as of a projectile, an aircraft, a radio signal, or a sound.
- The maximum distance that can be covered by a vehicle with a specified payload before its fuel supply is exhausted.
- The distance between a projectile weapon and its target.
- A place equipped for practice in shooting at targets.
- A testing area at which rockets and missiles are launched and tracked.
- An extensive area of open land on which livestock wander and graze.
- The geographic region in which a plant or an animal normally lives or grows.
- The act of wandering or roaming over a large area.
- The difference or interval between the smallest and largest values in a frequency distribution.
- A class, a rank, or an order: The candidate had broad support from the lower ranges of the party.
- An extended group or series, especially a row or chain of mountains.
- One of a series of double-faced bookcases in a library stack room.
- A north-south strip of townships, each six miles square, numbered east and west from a specified meridian in a U.
- A stove with spaces for cooking a number of things at the same time.
- To arrange or dispose in a particular order, especially in rows or lines.
- To assign to a particular category; classify.
- To align (a gun, for example) with a target.
- To determine the distance of (a target).
- To be capable of reaching (a maximum distance).
- To pass over or through (an area or a region).
- To turn (livestock) onto an extensive area of open land for grazing.
- To uncoil (an anchor cable) on deck so the anchor may descend easily.
- To vary within specified limits: ages that ranged from two to five.
- To extend in a particular direction: a river that ranges to the east.
- To extend or lie in the same direction: “Whatsoever comes athwart his affection ranges evenly with mine” (Shakespeare).
- To pass over or through an area or a region in or as if in exploration.
- To wander freely; roam.
- The central meaning shared by these nouns is “an area within which something acts, operates, or has power or control”: the range of a supersonic jet; the ambit of municipal legislation; information not within the compass of this article; countries within the political orbit of a world power; hospital regulations under the purview of the department of health; outside the reach of the law; issues within the scope of an investigation; outside the sweep of federal authority.
- verb - to place in a particular order
There are 5 letters in RANGE: A E G N R
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to RANGE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word RANGE plus a wildcard: RANGE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word RANGE
Images for RANGE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.