Scrabble word: GEAR
In which Scrabble dictionary does GEAR exist?
Definitions of GEAR in dictionaries:
- noun - a toothed wheel that engages another toothed mechanism in order to change the speed or direction of transmitted motion
- noun - wheelwork consisting of a connected set of rotating gears by which force is transmitted or motion or torque is changed
- noun - a mechanism for transmitting motion for some specific purpose (as the steering gear of a vehicle)
- noun - equipment consisting of miscellaneous articles needed for a particular operation or sport etc.
- verb - set the level or character of
- A toothed machine part, such as a wheel or cylinder, that meshes with another toothed part to transmit motion or to change speed or direction.
- A complete assembly that performs a specific function in a larger machine.
- A transmission configuration for a specific ratio of engine to axle torque in a motor vehicle.
- Clothing and accessories: the latest gear for teenagers.
- Personal belongings, including clothing: keeps her gear in a trunk.
- The harness for a horse.
- A ship’s rigging.
- A sailor’s personal effects.
- To equip with gears.
- To connect by gears.
- To put into gear.
- To adjust or adapt so as to make suitable: geared the speech to a conservative audience.
- To provide with gear; equip.
- To come into or be in gear.
- To become adjusted so as to fit or blend.
- verb - to provide with gears (toothed machine parts)
There are 4 letters in GEAR: A E G R
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to GEAR
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word GEAR plus a wildcard: GEAR?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word GEAR
Images for GEAR
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.