Scrabble word: LARGE
In which Scrabble dictionary does LARGE exist?
Definitions of LARGE in dictionaries:
- noun - a garment size for a large person
- adj - above average in size or number or quantity or magnitude or extent
- adj - fairly large or important in effect
- adj - ostentatiously lofty in style
- adj - generous and understanding and tolerant
- adj - conspicuous in position or importance
- adj - having broad power and range and scope
- adj - in an advanced stage of pregnancy
- adv - at a distance, wide of something (as of a mark)
- adv - with the wind abaft the beam
- adv - in a boastful manner
- Of greater than average size, extent, quantity, or amount; big.
- Of greater than average scope, breadth, or capacity; comprehensive.
- Important; significant: had a large role in the negotiations; a large producer of paper goods.
- Understanding and tolerant; liberal: a large and generous spirit.
- Of great magnitude or intensity; grand: “a rigid resistance to the large emotions” (Stephen Koch).
- Pretentious; boastful.
- Gross; coarse.
- Not in confinement or captivity; at liberty: a convict still at large.
- As a whole; in general: the country at large.
- Representing a nation, state, or district as a whole.
- Not assigned to a particular country.
- The central meaning shared by these adjectives is “being notably above the average in size or magnitude”: a large city; a large sum of money; a big brown barn; a big sweep of open lawn; a great old oak tree; a great ocean liner.
- adv - of considerable size or quantity [adj LARGER, LARGEST] : LARGELY