Scrabble word: LAG
In which Scrabble dictionary does LAG exist?
Definitions of LAG in dictionaries:
- noun - the act of slowing down or falling behind
- noun - the time between one event, process, or period and another
- noun - one of several thin slats of wood forming the sides of a barrel or bucket
- verb - hang (back) or fall (behind) in movement, progress, development, etc.
- verb - lock up or confine, in or as in a jail
- verb - throw or pitch at a mark, as with coins
- verb - cover with lagging to prevent heat loss
- To fail to keep up a pace; straggle.
- To proceed or develop with comparative slowness: The electric current lags behind the voltage.
- To fail, weaken, or slacken gradually; flag.
- To determine the order of play in billiards by successively hitting the cue ball against the end rail, the ball rebounding closest to the head rail indicating the player to shoot first.
- To cause to hang back or fall behind.
- To shoot, throw, or pitch (a coin, for example) at a mark.
- The act, process, or condition of lagging.
- One that lags.
- A condition of slowness or retardation.
- The extent or duration of lagging: “He wondered darkly at how great a lag there was between his thinking and his actions” (Thomas Wolfe).
- An interval between events or phenomena considered together.
- A barrel stave.
- A strip, as of wood, that forms a part of the covering for a cylindrical object.
- To arrest.
- To send to prison.
- A convict.
- An ex-convict.
- A period of imprisonment; a sentence.
- verb - to stay or fall behind