Scrabble word: FLAG
In which Scrabble dictionary does FLAG exist?
Definitions of FLAG in dictionaries:
- noun - emblem usually consisting of a rectangular piece of cloth of distinctive design
- noun - a listing printed in all issues of a newspaper or magazine (usually on the editorial page) that gives the name of the publication and the names of the editorial staff, etc.
- noun - plants with sword-shaped leaves and erect stalks bearing bright-colored flowers composed of three petals and three drooping sepals
- noun - a rectangular piece of fabric used as a signalling device
- noun - flagpole used to mark the position of the hole on a golf green
- noun - stratified stone that splits into pieces suitable as paving stones
- noun - a conspicuously marked or shaped tail
- verb - communicate or signal with a flag
- verb - provide with a flag
- verb - droop, sink, or settle from or as if from pressure or loss of tautness
- verb - decorate with flags
- verb - become less intense
- A piece of cloth, usually rectangular, of distinctive color and design, used as a symbol, a standard, a signal, or an emblem.
- National or other allegiance, as symbolized by a flag: ships of the same flag.
- A ship carrying the flag of an admiral; a flagship.
- A marking device, such as a gummed strip of paper, attached to an object to attract attention or ease identification; a tab.
- The masthead of a newspaper.
- A cross stroke added to a note that is less than a quarter note in value.
- A distinctively shaped or marked tail, as of a dog or deer.
- A bit or series of bits with two stable states, used in software to indicate a single piece of information.
- To mark with a flag or flags for identification or ornamentation: flag a parade route; flagging parts of a manuscript for later review.
- To signal with or as if with a flag.
- To signal to stop: flag down a passing car.
- A plant, such as an iris or a cattail, that has long, sword-shaped leaves.
- To hang limply; droop.
- To decline in vigor or strength: My appetite flags in the hot weather.
- To decline in interest: The conversation flagged.
- A flagstone.
- verb - to mark with a flag (a piece of cloth used as a symbol)