Scrabble word: WATER
In which Scrabble dictionary does WATER exist?
Definitions of WATER in dictionaries:
- noun - binary compound that occurs at room temperature as a clear colorless odorless tasteless liquid
- noun - the part of the earth's surface covered with water (such as a river or lake or ocean)
- noun - once thought to be one of four elements composing the universe (Empedocles)
- noun - a facility that provides a source of water
- noun - liquid excretory product
- noun - a liquid necessary for the life of most animals and plants
- verb - supply with water, as with channels or ditches or streams
- verb - provide with water
- verb - secrete or form water, as tears or saliva
- verb - fill with tears
- A clear, colorless, odorless, and tasteless liquid, H2O, essential for most plant and animal life and the most widely used of all solvents.
- Any of various forms of water: waste water.
- Often waters.
- A body of water such as a sea, lake, river, or stream.
- A supply of water: had to turn off the water while repairing the broken drain.
- A water supply system.
- Any of the liquids present in or passed out of the body, such as urine, perspiration, tears, or saliva.
- The fluid surrounding a fetus in the uterus; amniotic fluid.
- An aqueous solution of a substance, especially a gas: ammonia water.
- A wavy finish or sheen, as of a fabric or metal.
- The valuation of the assets of a business firm beyond their real value.
- Stock issued in excess of paid-in capital.
- The transparency and luster of a gem.
- A level of excellence.
- To pour or sprinkle water on; make wet: watered the garden.
- To give drinking water to.
- To lead (an animal) to drinking water.
- To dilute or weaken by adding water: a bar serving whiskey that had been watered.
- To give a sheen to the surface of (silk, linen, or metal).
- To increase (the number of shares of stock) without increasing the value of the assets represented.
- To irrigate (land).
- To produce or discharge fluid, as from the eyes.
- To salivate in anticipation of food: The wonderful aroma from the kitchen makes my mouth water.
- To take on a supply of water, as a ship.
- To drink water, as an animal.
- verb - to sprinkle with water (a transparent, odorless, tasteless liquid)