Scrabble word: YEAR
In which Scrabble dictionary does YEAR exist?
Definitions of YEAR in dictionaries:
- noun - a period of time containing 365 (or 366) days
- noun - a period of time occupying a regular part of a calendar year that is used for some particular activity
- noun - the period of time that it takes for a planet (as, e.g., Earth or Mars) to make a complete revolution around the sun
- noun - a body of students who graduate together
- The period of time during which the earth completes a single revolution around the sun, consisting of 365 days, 5 hours, 49 minutes, and 12 seconds of mean solar time.
- A period approximately equal to a year in other calendars.
- A period of approximately the duration of a calendar year: We were married a year ago.
- A sidereal year.
- A solar year.
- A period equal to the calendar year but beginning on a different date: a taxreckoning year; a farming year.
- A specific period of time, usually shorter than 12 months, devoted to a special activity: the academic year.
- noun - a period of time consisting of 365 or 366 days