Scrabble word: RELAY
In which Scrabble dictionary does RELAY exist?
Definitions of RELAY in dictionaries:
- noun - the act of passing something along from one person or group to another
- noun - a crew of workers who relieve another crew
- noun - a fresh team to relieve weary draft animals
- noun - a race between teams
- noun - electrical device such that current flowing through it in one circuit can switch on and off a current in a second circuit
- verb - pass along
- verb - control or operate by relay
- An act of passing something along from one person, group, or station to another.
- A relay race.
- A division of a relay race.
- A device that responds to a small current or voltage change by activating switches or other devices in an electric circuit.
- A crew of workers who relieve another crew; a shift.
- A fresh team, as of horses or dogs, to relieve weary animals in a hunt, task, or journey.
- To pass along by or as if by relay: relayed the message to his boss.
- To supply with fresh relays.
- To control or retransmit by means of a relay.
- verb - to send along by using fresh sets to replace tired ones
- verb - to deposit as a wager