Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: BEAR
In which Scrabble dictionary does BEAR exist?
Definitions of BEAR in dictionaries:
- noun - massive plantigrade carnivorous or omnivorous mammals with long shaggy coats and strong claws
- noun - an investor with a pessimistic market outlook
- verb - have
- verb - cause to be born
- verb - put up with something or somebody unpleasant
- verb - move while holding up or supporting
- verb - bring forth, "The apple tree bore delicious apples this year"
- verb - take on as one's own the expenses or debts of another person
- verb - contain or hold
- verb - bring in
- verb - have on one's person
- verb - behave in a certain manner
- verb - have rightfully
- verb - support or hold in a certain manner
- verb - be pregnant with
- To hold up; support.
- To carry on one’s person; convey.
- To carry in the mind; harbor: bear a grudge.
- To transmit at large; relate: bearing glad tidings.
- To have as a visible characteristic: bore a scar on the left arm.
- To have as a quality; exhibit: “A thousand different shapes it bears” (Abraham Cowley).
- To carry (oneself) in a specified way; conduct: She bore herself with dignity.
- To be accountable for; assume: bearing heavy responsibilities.
- To have a tolerance for; endure: couldn’t bear his lying.
- To call for; warrant: This case bears investigation.
- To give birth to.
- To produce; yield: plants bearing flowers.
- To offer; render: I will bear witness to the deed.
- To move by or as if by steady pressure; push: “boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past” (F.
- To yield fruit; produce: peach trees that bear every summer.
- To have relevance; apply: They studied the ways in which the relativity theory bears on the history of science.
- To exert pressure, force, or influence.
- To force oneself along; forge.
- To endure something with tolerance and patience: Bear with me while I explain matters.
- To extend or proceed in a specified direction: The road bears to the right at the bottom of the hill.
- To overwhelm; vanquish.
- These verbs are compared in the sense of withstanding or sustaining what is difficult or painful to undergo.
- Any of various usually omnivorous mammals of the family Ursidae that have a shaggy coat and a short tail and walk with the entire lower surface of the foot touching the ground.
- Any of various other animals, such as the koala, that resemble a true bear.
- A large, clumsy, or ill-mannered person.
- One, such as an investor, that sells securities or commodities in expectation of falling prices.
- A pessimist, especially regarding business conditions.
- Something that is difficult or unpleasant: The final exam was a bear.
- A police officer, especially one using radar to apprehend speeding motorists.
- verb - to continue in existence
There are 4 letters in BEAR: A B E R
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to BEAR
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word BEAR plus a wildcard: BEAR?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word BEAR
Images for BEAR
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.