Scrabble word: BE
In which Scrabble dictionary does BE exist?
Definitions of BE in dictionaries:
- noun - a light strong brittle grey toxic bivalent metallic element
- verb - have the quality of being
- verb - be identical to
- verb - occupy a certain position or area
- verb - have an existence, be extant
- verb - happen, occur, take place
- verb - be identical or equivalent to
- verb - form or compose
- verb - work in a specific place, with a specific subject, or in a specific function
- verb - represent, as of a character on stage
- verb - spend or use time
- verb - have life, be alive
- verb - to remain unmolested, undisturbed, or uninterrupted -- used only in infinitive form
- verb - be priced at
- To exist in actuality; have life or reality: I think, therefore I am.
- To occupy a specified position: The food is on the table.
- To remain in a certain state or situation undisturbed, untouched, or unmolested: Let the children be.
- To take place; occur: The test was yesterday.
- Usage Problem.
- To equal in identity: “To be a Christian was to be a Roman” (James Bryce).
- To have a specified significance: A is excellent, C is passing.
- To belong to a specified class or group: The human being is a primate.
- To have or show a specified quality or characteristic: She is lovely.
- To seem to consist or be made of: The yard is all snow.
- To belong; befall: Peace be unto you.
- Used with the past participle of a transitive verb to form the passive voice: The mayoral election is held annually.
- Used with the present participle of a verb to express a continuing action: We are working to improve housing conditions.
- Used with the infinitive of a verb to express intention, obligation, or future action: She was to call before she left.
- Used with the past participle of certain intransitive verbs to form the perfect tense: “Where be those roses gone which sweetened so our eyes?” (Philip Sidney).
- verb - to have actuality