Scrabble word: AREA
In which Scrabble dictionary does AREA exist?
Definitions of AREA in dictionaries:
- noun - a particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography)
- noun - a subject of study
- noun - a part of an animal that has a special function or is supplied by a given artery or nerve
- noun - a particular environment or walk of life
- noun - a part of a structure having some specific characteristic or function
- noun - the extent of a 2-dimensional surface enclosed within a boundary
- A roughly bounded part of the space on a surface; a region: a farming area; the New York area.
- A surface, especially an open, unoccupied piece of ground: a landing area; a playing area.
- A distinct part or section, as of a building, set aside for a specific function: a storage area in the basement.
- A division of experience, activity, or knowledge; a field: studies in the area of finance; a job in the health-care area.
- An open, sunken space next to a building; an areaway.
- A The extent of a planar region or of the surface of a solid measured in square units.
- A section of storage set aside for a particular purpose.
- adv - a particular extent of space or surface [n -S] : AREAL [adj], AREALLY
- noun - a section of the cerebral cortex having a specific function