Scrabble word: CONE
In which Scrabble dictionary does CONE exist?
Definitions of CONE in dictionaries:
- noun - any cone-shaped artifact
- noun - a shape whose base is a circle and whose sides taper up to a point
- noun - cone-shaped mass of ovule- or spore-bearing scales or bracts
- noun - a visual receptor cell in the retina that is sensitive to bright light and to color
- verb - make cone-shaped
- The surface generated by a straight line, the generator, passing through a fixed point, the vertex, and moving along a fixed curve, the directrix.
- A right circular cone.
- The figure formed by a cone, bound or regarded as bound by its vertex and a plane section taken anywhere above or below the vertex.
- Something having the shape of this figure: “the cone of illuminated drops spilling beneath a street lamp” (Anne Tyler).
- A unisexual reproductive structure of gymnospermous plants such as conifers and cycads, typically consisting of a central axis around which there are scaly, overlapping, spirally arranged sporophylls that develop pollen-bearing sacs or naked ovules or seeds.
- A similar structure that produces spores on club mosses, horsetails, and spike mosses.
- Any reproductive structure resembling a cone, such as a cluster of hop or alder fruits.
- One of the photoreceptors in the retina of the eye that is responsible for daylight and color vision.
- Any of various gastropod mollusks of the family Conidae of tropical and subtropical seas, having a conical, often vividly marked shell and the ability to inflict a poisonous, sometimes fatal sting.
- verb - to shape like a cone (a geometric solid)
There are 4 letters in CONE: C E N O
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to CONE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word CONE plus a wildcard: CONE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word CONE
Images for CONE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.