Scrabble word: ONE
In which Scrabble dictionary does ONE exist?
Definitions of ONE in dictionaries:
- noun - the smallest whole number or a numeral representing this number
- noun - a single person or thing
- adj - used of a single unit or thing
- adj - having the indivisible character of a unit
- adj - of the same kind or quality
- adj - used informally as an intensifier
- adj - indefinite in time or position
- adj - being a single entity made by combining separate components
- adj - eminent beyond or above comparison
- Being a single entity, unit, object, or living being; not two or more.
- Characterized by unity; undivided: They spoke with one voice.
- Of the same kind or quality: two animals of one species.
- Forming a single entity of two or more components: three chemicals combining into one solution.
- Being a single member or element of a group, category, or kind: I’m just one player on the team.
- Being a single thing in contrast with or relation to another or others of its kind: One day is just like the next.
- Occurring or existing as something indefinite, as in time or position: He will come one day.
- Occurring or existing as something particular but unspecified, as in time past: late one evening.
- Used as an intensive: That is one fine dog.
- Being the only individual of a specified or implied kind: the one person I could marry; the one horse that can win this race.
- The cardinal number, represented by the symbol 1, designating the first such unit in a series.
- A single person or thing; a unit: This is the one I like best.
- An indefinitely specified individual: She visited one of her cousins.
- When constructions headed by one appear as the subject of a sentence or relative clause, there may be a question as to whether the verb should be singular or plural.
- noun - a number