Scrabble word: HONE
In which Scrabble dictionary does HONE exist?
Definitions of HONE in dictionaries:
- noun - a whetstone made of fine gritstone
- verb - sharpen with a hone
- verb - make perfect or complete
- A fine-grained whetstone for giving a keen edge to a cutting tool.
- A tool with a rotating abrasive tip for enlarging holes to precise dimensions.
- To sharpen on a fine-grained whetstone.
- To perfect or make more intense or effective: a speaker who honed her delivery by long practice.
- To whine or moan.
- To hanker; yearn.
- adj - suitable for or capable of cutting or piercing
- verb - to raise in pitch, as a musical tone