Scrabble word: PHONE
In which Scrabble dictionary does PHONE exist?
Definitions of PHONE in dictionaries:
- noun - electronic equipment that converts sound into electrical signals that can be transmitted over distances and then converts received signals back into sounds
- noun - (phonetics) an individual sound unit of speech without concern as to whether or not it is a phoneme of some language
- noun - electro-acoustic transducer for converting electric signals into sounds
- verb - get or try to get into communication (with someone) by telephone
- A telephone.
- To telephone.
- To get in touch with by telephone.
- To impart (information or news, for example) by telephone.
- A speech sound considered without reference to its status as a phoneme or an allophone in a language.