Scrabble word: HOPE
In which Scrabble dictionary does HOPE exist?
Definitions of HOPE in dictionaries:
- noun - a specific instance of feeling hopeful
- noun - the general feeling that some desire will be fulfilled
- noun - grounds for feeling hopeful about the future
- noun - someone (or something) on which expectations are centered
- noun - United States comedian (born in England) who appeared in films with Bing Crosby (1903-2003)
- noun - one of the three Christian virtues
- verb - expect and wish
- verb - be optimistic
- verb - intend with some possibility of fulfilment
- To wish for something with expectation of its fulfillment.
- To have confidence; trust.
- To look forward to with confidence or expectation: We hope that our children will carry on our family traditions.
- To expect and desire.
- A wish or desire accompanied by confident expectation of its fulfillment.
- Something that is hoped for or desired: Success is our hope.
- One that is a source of or reason for hope: the team’s only hope for victory.
- Trust; confidence.
- verb - to have a desire or expectation