Scrabble word: EPOCH
In which Scrabble dictionary does EPOCH exist?
Definitions of EPOCH in dictionaries:
- noun - a period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event
- noun - (astronomy) an arbitrarily fixed date that is the point in time relative to which information (as coordinates of a celestial body) is recorded
- noun - a unit of geological time that is a subdivision of a period and is itself divided into ages
- A particular period of history, especially one considered remarkable or noteworthy.
- A notable event that marks the beginning of such a period.
- A unit of geologic time that is a division of a period.
- An instant in time that is arbitrarily selected as a point of reference.
- adj - a particular period of time [n -S] : EPOCHAL