Scrabble word: CHOP
In which Scrabble dictionary does CHOP exist?
Definitions of CHOP in dictionaries:
- noun - the irregular motion of waves (usually caused by wind blowing in a direction opposite to the tide)
- noun - a small cut of meat including part of a rib
- noun - a jaw
- noun - a tennis return made with a downward motion that puts backspin on the ball
- noun - a grounder that bounces high in the air
- verb - cut into pieces
- verb - move suddenly
- verb - form or shape by chopping
- verb - strike sharply, as in some sports
- verb - cut with a hacking tool
- verb - hit sharply
- To cut by striking with a heavy, sharp tool, such as an ax: chop wood.
- To shape or form by chopping: chop a hole in the ice.
- To cut into small pieces: chop onions; chop up meat.
- To curtail as if by chopping: chopped off his sentence midway; are going to chop expenses.
- To hit or hit at with a short, swift downward stroke.
- To make heavy, cutting strokes.
- To move roughly or suddenly.
- The act of chopping.
- A swift, short, cutting blow or stroke.
- A short, downward stroke.
- A piece that has been chopped off, especially a cut of meat, usually taken from the rib, shoulder, or loin and containing a bone.
- A short, irregular motion of waves.
- An area of choppy water, as on an ocean.
- An official stamp or permit in the Far East.
- A mark stamped on goods or coins to indicate their identity or quality.
- Quality; class: first chop.
- verb - to sever with a sharp tool