Scrabble word: ECHO
In which Scrabble dictionary does ECHO exist?
Definitions of ECHO in dictionaries:
- noun - the repetition of a sound resulting from reflection of the sound waves
- noun - (Greek mythology) a nymph who was spurned by Narcissus and pined away until only her voice remained
- noun - a reply that repeats what has just been said
- noun - a reflected television or radio or radar beam
- noun - a close parallel of a feeling, idea, style, etc.
- noun - an imitation or repetition
- verb - to say again or imitate
- verb - ring or echo with sound
- verb - call to mind
- Repetition of a sound by reflection of sound waves from a surface.
- The sound produced in this manner.
- A repetition or an imitation: a fashion that is an echo of an earlier style.
- A remnant or vestige: found echoes of past civilizations while examining artifacts in the Middle East.
- One who imitates another, as in opinions, speech, or dress.
- A sympathetic response: Their demand for justice found an echo in communities across the nation.
- A consequence or repercussion: Her resignation had echoes throughout the department.
- Repetition of certain sounds or syllables in poetry, as in echo verse.
- Soft repetition of a note or phrase.
- A reflected wave received by a radio or radar.
- To repeat (a sound) by the reflection of sound waves from a surface.
- To repeat or imitate: followers echoing the cries of their leader; events that echoed a previous incident in history.
- To be repeated by or as if by an echo: The shout echoed off the wall.
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to send back the sound of”: a cry echoed by the canyon; a cathedral roof reechoing joyous hymns; caves that reflect the noise of footsteps; cliffs resounding the thunder of the ocean; blasting reverberated by quarry walls.
- noun - a repetition of sound by reflection of sound waves
- verb - to produce an echo
There are 4 letters in ECHO: C E H O
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to ECHO
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word ECHO plus a wildcard: ECHO?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word ECHO
Images for ECHO
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.