Scrabble word: ECHO
In which Scrabble dictionary does ECHO exist?
Definitions of ECHO in dictionaries:
- noun - the repetition of a sound resulting from reflection of the sound waves
- noun - (Greek mythology) a nymph who was spurned by Narcissus and pined away until only her voice remained
- noun - a reply that repeats what has just been said
- noun - a reflected television or radio or radar beam
- noun - a close parallel of a feeling, idea, style, etc.
- noun - an imitation or repetition
- verb - to say again or imitate
- verb - ring or echo with sound
- verb - call to mind
- Repetition of a sound by reflection of sound waves from a surface.
- The sound produced in this manner.
- A repetition or an imitation: a fashion that is an echo of an earlier style.
- A remnant or vestige: found echoes of past civilizations while examining artifacts in the Middle East.
- One who imitates another, as in opinions, speech, or dress.
- A sympathetic response: Their demand for justice found an echo in communities across the nation.
- A consequence or repercussion: Her resignation had echoes throughout the department.
- Repetition of certain sounds or syllables in poetry, as in echo verse.
- Soft repetition of a note or phrase.
- A reflected wave received by a radio or radar.
- To repeat (a sound) by the reflection of sound waves from a surface.
- To repeat or imitate: followers echoing the cries of their leader; events that echoed a previous incident in history.
- To be repeated by or as if by an echo: The shout echoed off the wall.
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to send back the sound of”: a cry echoed by the canyon; a cathedral roof reechoing joyous hymns; caves that reflect the noise of footsteps; cliffs resounding the thunder of the ocean; blasting reverberated by quarry walls.
- noun - a repetition of sound by reflection of sound waves
- verb - to produce an echo