Scrabble word: ZONE
In which Scrabble dictionary does ZONE exist?
Definitions of ZONE in dictionaries:
- noun - a locally circumscribed place characterized by some distinctive features
- noun - any of the regions of the surface of the Earth loosely divided according to latitude or longitude
- noun - an area or region distinguished from adjacent parts by a distinctive feature or characteristic
- noun - (anatomy) any encircling or beltlike structure
- verb - regulate housing in
- verb - separate or apportion into sections
- An area or a region distinguished from adjacent parts by a distinctive feature or characteristic.
- Any of the five regions of the surface of the earth that are loosely divided according to prevailing climate and latitude, including the Torrid Zone, the North and South Temperate zones, and the North and South Frigid zones.
- A similar division on any other planet.
- A portion of a sphere bounded by the intersections of two parallel planes with the sphere.
- An area characterized by distinct physical conditions and populated by communities of certain kinds of organisms.
- A ringlike or cylindrical growth or structure.
- A region or stratum distinguished by composition or content.
- An area of a given radius within which a uniform rate is charged, as for transportation or shipping.
- Computer Science.
- A region on a punch card or on magnetic tape in which nondigital information is recorded.
- A section of storage to be used for a particular purpose.
- A belt or girdle.
- To divide into zones.
- To designate or mark off into zones.
- To surround or encircle with or as if with a belt or girdle.
- verb - to arrange in zones (areas distinguished from other adjacent areas)