Scrabble word: NOSE
In which Scrabble dictionary does NOSE exist?
Definitions of NOSE in dictionaries:
- noun - the organ of smell and entrance to the respiratory tract
- noun - a front that resembles a human nose (especially the front of an aircraft)
- noun - the front or forward projection of a tool or weapon
- noun - a small distance
- noun - a symbol of inquisitiveness
- noun - the sense of smell (especially in animals)
- noun - a natural skill
- noun - a projecting spout from which a fluid is discharged
- verb - search or inquire in a meddlesome way
- verb - advance the forward part of with caution
- verb - catch the scent of
- verb - push or move with the nose
- verb - rub noses
- verb - defeat by a narrow margin
- The part of the human face or the forward part of the head of other vertebrates that contains the nostrils and organs of smell and forms the beginning of the respiratory tract.
- The sense of smell: a dog with a good nose.
- The ability to detect, sense, or discover as if by smell: has a nose for gossip.
- The characteristic smell of a wine or liqueur; bouquet.
- The nose considered as a symbol of prying: Keep your nose out of my business.
- Something, such as the forward end of an aircraft, a rocket, or a submarine, that resembles a nose in shape or position.
- To find out by or as if by smell: nosed out the thieves’ hiding place.
- To touch with the nose; nuzzle.
- To move, push, or make with or as if with the nose.
- To advance the forward part of cautiously: nosed the car into the flow of traffic.
- To smell or sniff.
- To search or inquire meddlesomely; snoop or pry: nosing around looking for opportunities.
- With disapproval, contempt, or arrogance: Year-round residents here look down their noses at the summer people.
- verb - to sniff with the nose (the organ of smell)