Scrabble word: NOISE
In which Scrabble dictionary does NOISE exist?
Definitions of NOISE in dictionaries:
- noun - sound of any kind (especially unintelligible or dissonant sound)
- noun - the auditory experience of sound that lacks musical quality
- noun - electrical or acoustic activity that can disturb communication
- noun - a loud outcry of protest or complaint
- noun - incomprehensibility resulting from irrelevant information or meaningless facts or remarks
- noun - the quality of lacking any predictable order or plan
- verb - emit a noise
- Sound or a sound that is loud, unpleasant, unexpected, or undesired.
- Sound or a sound of any kind: The only noise was the wind in the pines.
- A loud outcry or commotion: “Whatever the fate of Eureka, it should have some positive effects, even if modest in comparison to its political noise, for the technological cooperation of European firms” (Foreign Affairs).
- A disturbance, especially a random and persistent disturbance, that obscures or reduces the clarity of a signal.
- Irrelevant or meaningless data generated by a computer along with desired data.
- A complaint or protest.
- To spread the rumor or report of.
- To talk much or volubly.
- These nouns refer to loud, confused, or disagreeable sound or sounds.
- verb - to spread as a rumor or report