Scrabble word: SO
In which Scrabble dictionary does SO exist?
Definitions of SO in dictionaries:
- noun - the syllable naming the fifth (dominant) note of any musical scale in solmization
- adv - to a very great extent or degree
- adv - in a manner that facilitates
- adv - in such a condition or manner, especially as expressed or implied
- adv - to a certain unspecified extent or degree
- adv - in the same way
- adv - in the way indicated
- adv - (usually followed by `that') to an extent or degree as expressed
- adv - subsequently or soon afterward (often used as sentence connectors)
- adv - (used to introduce a logical conclusion) from that fact or reason or as a result
- adv - in truth (often tends to intensify)
- In the condition or manner expressed or indicated; thus: Hold the brush so.
- To the amount or degree expressed or understood; to such an extent: She was so weary that she fell.
- To a great extent; to such an evident degree: But the idea is so obvious.
- Because of the reason given; consequently: She was weary and so fell.
- Afterward; then: to the gas station and so home.
- In the same way; likewise: You were on time and so was I.
- Apparently; well, then.
- In truth; indeed: “You aren’t right.
- True; factual: I wouldn’t have told you this if it weren’t so.
- In good order: Everything on his desk must be exactly so.
- With the result or consequence that: He failed to appear, so we went on without him.
- Such as has already been suggested or specified; the same: She became a loyal friend and remained so.
- In order that: I stopped so that you could catch up.
- Many critics and grammarians have insisted that so must be followed by that in formal writing when used to introduce a clause giving the reason for or purpose of an action: He stayed so that he could see the second feature.
- noun - the fifth tone of the diatonic musical scale